Killer rings are still being made
by DOG GAMES Ltd
Raggits and Grabbits are no longer manufactured
THESE ARE TRAINING AIDS AND NOT CHEW TOYS
**** THEY ARE NOT INDESTRUCTIBLE! ****
DOGS SHOULD NOT BE LEFT UNATTENDED WITH THESE TOYS
Please note that these are TOYS
for dogs. Leads have been made from fleecy materials and owners play tugger with these fleecy leads. The owners have taught their dogs to play
with and bite any lead (environmental photo
) that is used with the possible consequences of biting through these leads which may be expensive but
should also raise concerns about safety with the dog not being under control on a lead.
Dog Games has never made these products and would not encourage their use as described above.
- The two different sizes (small, large) of Grabbits are made especially for DOG GAMES and over the years have proven to be very hard wearing, if used correctly.
- The high quality fleece is machine washable and can be tumble dried at low temperatures.
- Our fleece toys unique stretchiness prevents either the dog or handler being jerked or injured when playing tuggy games together. Ordinary rope tug toys cause dogs' pain thresholds to rise as
their excitement levels rise - it is only later on, when the dog is resting, that it realises it has pulled muscles or jarred its
- The variations of colour (or shades of 'grey' as dogs do not see colours as we humans do) make the movement of the Grabbit (or Raggit or Killer ring) visually stimulating for dogs to grab hold of and tug. All our fleece toys come in a variety of different colours, many of which are changed
on a regular basis. (see webshop, fleece toys).
- The soft texture of the fleece fabric is very appealing to many dogs, and they enjoy mouthing, chewing and gripping it with their teeth. This need to hold objects between their teeth is caused by
a build up of tension in their jaw muscles when they are over excited. They release the tension into the toy and thus release the build up of adrenaline. However, it must be noted that too long a
time playing tugging games can also build up excitement levels, so it is up to the handler to maintain a happy medium when playing with this toy.
- It is recommended that these fleece toys are only used when handlers want to play and interact with their dogs (see Motivators for more information about training dogs using positive reinforcement).
Grabbits are very similar to another of our fleece motivator toys - Raggits
- but have a handle plaited into them so that they can be -
- held more firmly
- looped over a hand or arm while training the dog
- attached to the handle of a lead so that the dog can get rid of the tension in its jaws if it becomes over excited or worried
This web site has been written by Sally Hopkins (unless the author of the web page is stated otherwise).
Dog-Games Copyright 2004 - 2015 All Rights Reserved